Making Origami fortune teller toy is almost one of the greatest activities for kids since they can totally have fun while playing it. Take a quick look at the simple-to-make instructions showing you how to make a fortune teller step by step right as below.
Let’s start with traditional Fortune Teller…
- Let’s begin with the back side of the origami paper facing up. Be ready to get it rotated by 45 degrees for the first step. Afterwards, you can draw or prepare the valley-fold in half horizontal way and then have it unfolded.
- Do the same thing like in step 1 with the valley-fold in half vertical way, and then get it unfolded again.
- Now you can make the so-called “cushion fold” by preparing to apply it to the origami paper in this step. Please make sure that you catch the idea of “cushion fold” thoroughly before moving on to the next step. Here’s how we make it.
A cushion fold means a shape containing about 6 valley-folds on the paper.
– First, create or draw valley-fold in half horizontal way, and fold it in this way.
– Second, outline valley-fold again in vertical position, and fold it like that.
– Now it seems you’ve got a symbol having 4 valley-folds, then prepare to apply them all.
– Next, 1 valley-fold in the lower right corner will be applied at first, but we can make it in any corner of the paper.
– Finally, have three remaining valley-folds applied at the same time, and that’s when you complete “cushion fold”.
- After applying the initial cushion fold, turn the paper over afterwards. This is the time when we prepare to rotate it by 45 degrees.
- It’s time to make cushion fold for the second time. Then, you will need to apply the vertical valley-fold and unfold. Prepare for the next horizontal valley-fold and then unfold.
- Have it rotated again, but by 90 degrees.
- In this stage, you’re asked to compress the origami model, and when you finish compressing it, start to turn it over.
How to Use Fortune Teller
Let’s begin to use your four fingers just by inserting them into 4 corresponding slots.
Rotate the paper by 180 degrees. Get ready to move the slots following the corresponding directions horizontally. Feel free to draw or wrote anything on the slots ranging from numbers, letters, sentences, etc. For instance, jot down number 1, 2, 3, 4 evenly on four sides.
Remember to include about 8 fortunes written inside the flaps, or right below the numbers on four sides. For example, the most common fortunes would be:
- You will get more points on the coming tests.
- You will get rich soon.
- Prepare to welcome your good fortune that’s so close to you.
- You will get married.
- You will make a lot of friends.
- You will receive a call from someone you know today.
- Today will be the day you go to a big party.
- Watch out for the next few days.
- You will have a good luck in the following day.
What are you waiting for? Now you can freely become a real fortune teller when having the ability of predicting things to happen. Ask a person to select one of the four colors painted on four sides. Say that color out while moving your fortune teller in and out. Tell him that he needs to choose one certain number and do the same thing like the last time. Please note that you’re allowed to alter the topics written on your origami.